About the course
This session is restricted to, and compulsory for, all Southwark Council CLA Social Workers, Personal Advisors, and their Managers. This is a two day course intended to promote proactive, safe and professional practice for staff.
Prerequisites for attendance:>
- By invitation only
- (Re) consider the legal context and principles underpinning the prevention of management of conflict
- (Re) consider the making of Risk Management action plans/strategies to minimise risks to staff/service user personal safety
- Revisit the influence of communication styles and skills on de-escalation
- Gain confidence in safer working
- Date:Sep 3rd 2012 9:15 am to 4:30 pm
Sep 4th 2012 9:15 am to 4:30 pm
- Place:Learning and Business Centre, Cator Street Peckham London, SE15 6AA
- Duration:2 days
- Subject:Social care - adults, children and young people
- Provider:Southwark Council
- CPD:12 hours
Fionnuala Mullin is an independent Trainer and Consultant. Fionnuala has extensive social care practice and training experience in the areas of planning and delivering services for vulnerable individuals and groups. She has particular interest in the prevention and management of violence, working with organisations to minimise risk in potentially violent contexts.